Monday, November 29, 2010

Putting the "Fun" in "Funemployment"...

Today is my first real day of unemployment. After returning beauty products I could not afford to Nordstrom and Macy's I had lunch with a friend. Over lunch he asked what I was filling my day of leisure with. I told him that after we ate I was planning on taking my laptop (my new laptop!!!!) to Starbucks to file for unemployment benefits, pretend to look busy, and make eyes at the newest barista (baristo?) in hopes of winning his affection. This friend told me that whenever he goes to Starbucks he ends up making to-do lists and that I should do the same. As I have nothing better to do I decided to give it a shot.

Here's what I have so far...

1) File for unemployment benefits. Status: Complete.
2) Pretend to be busy. Status: Complete. (note: If looking busy could be an occupation I'm pretty sure I would have no trouble finding a job)
3) Make eyes at barista in hopes of winning his affection. Status: Utter failure. (note: first and foremost, pretending to be busy is incredibly time consuming. Between furrowing my brow, staring intently at my computer screen, and occassionally checking my iPhone for very important fake messages there is seldom a moment for "eye making". Second and secondmost, he seems of the "all business at work" mindset. Clearly we might have some compatibility issues.)
4) Add tasks to my "to-do" list. Status: Outlook does not look good.

So that's day 1 of what I had hoped would be "funemployment". My readers will be updated daily as this adventure continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment